Website Georgians for the Arts
The state’s leading arts and culture advocacy organization providing vision, leadership, and resources to ensure the growth, prosperity and sustainability of arts and culture in Georgia!
Are you an arts and culture community leader?
Are you fearless arts advocate and sharing your thoughts with public officials?
Do you want to take an active role in advocating and contributing to providing vision, leadership, and resources that ensure Georgia’s growth, prosperity, and sustainability of arts and culture?
If you say yes, then read on!
Georgians for the Arts is looking for fourteen strong, exceptional, and dedicated arts advocates possessing the top-notch leadership skills to help make a difference.
District Captain responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- to serve on the Georgians for the Arts Federal Advisory Council and to assist with the advancement and development of the mission,
- to serve as the Georgian for the Arts’ designated representative and primary contact for the Congressional District,
- to help Georgians for the Arts to keep Georgia’s Congressional District Representative updated with arts and culture news and activities,
- to assist Georgians for the Arts with monitoring and responding to legislative actions within the U.S. House of Representatives,
- to assist Georgians for the Arts with recruiting and supporting State Senatorial District Captains within the Congressional District.
Advocacy training will be provided, and the fourteen Congressional District Captains will be part of an exclusive network to support Georgians for the Arts, its members, and arts advocates throughout Georgia.
Time commitments depend mainly on the level of activity within Congress, the frequency needed to meet as an Advisory Council, and the need to fulfill the responsibilities.
About Georgians for the Arts
Georgians for the Arts, a 501(c)4, is the state’s leading arts and culture advocacy organization with a mission to provide vision, leadership, and resources that ensure the growth, prosperity, and sustainability of arts and culture in Georgia; and Georgia’s representative to Americans for the Arts’ State Arts Advocacy Network.
Georgians for the Arts advances its mission through year-round arts and culture advocacy activities, year-round programs for artists, and the networking of artists, arts educators, local arts organizations, and business leaders all working towards a better Georgia.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com